A 63 year old man died after catching a rare infection when his dog licked him. The owner was admitted to a hospital after he got flu-like symptoms. His symptoms were continuous high fever and muscle aches for 3 days.
Dog Owner Dies After Getting Licked By His Dog
The owner started facing difficulty in breathing and developed painful blisters on face and bruises on his legs. His condition worsen further more, his organs began failing and soon suffered brain damage.
Finally, his skin started to rot and liver shut down which led to cardiac arrest.
This deadly infection was later found to be Capnocytophaga canimorsus. It's mainly a bacteria which can be found in animal saliva.
Measures To Be Safe From Dog's Infection
If you have a wound, bruises or open sores you need to be extra careful and not let your pet lick you. There are more than 700 different kinds of bacteria in a dog's mouth and around 30 per of cases such bacteria do get spread.